Do you know when the Xiaomi Mi 5 was provocative, at first when company launched its initial device?. Only few global users know the name Xiaomi, but look today, queue of people from around the globe to take Mi 5 (it’s most powerful phone), it’s a miracle, the giant from China cover-up global smartphone lover.
What Good – Scratch free back body (completely glass), we test it with knife, totally scratch free, fast battery charging is one of the most, it takes less than 1 hour to 75% battery charge and up to 1.20 hours for 100% battery charge, the phone has awesome dual camera, back with 16MP and front (selfie) with 4MP capture high standard picture and videos, and it’s design is perfect (slim metallic good size), presume one of the smartest phone you have.
What Bad – Its outer body is sleepy (due to metallic edges), and during quick charge it get heat-up, i explain both issue and why these happens, for first issue it causes due to metallic body, you can use phone cover so device will stay safe from scratch, for heating issue, usually all phones get bit heat-up few minute later when we plugin charging adapters, so it’s normal with fast charging technology.
Noteworthy features. If you looking for phone with good camera (front & back), scratch free (back panel), slim design, perfect display size, quick charge, high performance, go for Xiaomi Mi 5, i feel it’s truly premium contender. I spend 15 days to know some feature (It’s very short time to know all about) of Xiaomi Mi 5, I gather some important aspect of the handset with those days, but more things to do further.
Quick Tech Specs
- Display – FHD15 inch, 1920 x 1080 Pixel, 428 PPI
- Dimension – 14.46 cm x 6.92 cm x 0.73 cm
- Weight – 129.3 grams
- CPU -Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad Core 1.8GHz
- GPU – QualcommAdreno 530
- Operating System -MIUI 7 (base on Android 6.0)
- Memory – RAM 3GB + ROM 32GB,64GB, 128GB
- Camera – Dual Camera (Back Camera – Sony IMX298 sensor, 16MP 4-axis OIS camera, with PDAF and DTI technology, Front Camera –2µm-pixel 4MP camera
- Sensor – Infrared sensor, Light sensor, G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass, Accelerometer and Barometer
- Battery – 3000mAh li-ion Polymer (Non-Removable)
- SIM Card and Type -Dual SIM dual standby. Dual Nano SIM Cards
- Color – Black, White, Golden
- Network -2G: GSM, 3G: WCDMA, 4G: FDD-LTE
- Wireless Wi-Fi – 11 a/b/g/n/ac
- More Feature – GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Quick Charge 3.0, Front Fingerprint Sensor, Bluetooth 4.2, Type-C, and NFC
Power of Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Chip
Performance matter, all happen through this 820 chip, big advancement only possible through this powerful chip, clock up to 2.2 GHz max speed to done task timely, high performance four cores to handle massive workload, 4G optimize 600 Mbps in cat 12, processor control of task scheduling and power management for complete MI 5, also enables quick charge 3.0 provide less charging time for 100% battery.
However, nevertheless snapdragon 820 processor features high peak speed over internet, power saving, security supported, memory optimized, I even check battery while using my Mi 5 three times, charge and discharge, get proper response over Wi-Fi 10.7 hours max, 19.8 hours continuous video playback.
It capture real memory, we only cover Xiaomi mi 5 both camera and it’s features, improved quality of back and front camera, it has back (main) camera with 16 megapixel with dual tone awesome LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 6-piece lens, f/2.0 aperture, I think that’s the best one you ever own in this budget, before i use Xiaomi old device note 2, that equipped with nice front and rear camera but mi 5 has improved quality more settings and features. There is also enhance lowlight picture automatically, which helps to take picture at night and indoor. One useful option, four-axis optical image stabilization, it helps a lot to take quick image and videos.
XiaoMi Mi 5 Quick Review after 28 Day Use
- Really awesome Turn on time, it approx. 33 to 35 Second
- I keep this gadget in premium range smartphone
- Compact in Size, fit on hands and easy to carry
- Great Options for sound
- Built-up quality is excellent, in terms of design and finishing
- Better for Gaming, but expect ram optimization in new device
- Display and touch screen quality is excelent, it proves equiped with FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Notable feature, good sound with Mi output jack on the phone, and headphones
- Front fingerprint scanner work quickly
- Nice network handling capablity, on celular and over Wi-Fi, really good speed
- It has mono speakers at bottom, which sound really good, it’s not very louder but quality of sound is expected
- Back body also has a gorilla glass, you should careful about that
- Scratch free back body, lightweight and nice edges
- Video capturing quality is great with optical image stabilization
- Front camera performance is nice, I like it’s ultra-pixels
- Back camera outdoor performance is nice, but indoor performance is average
- It does not have any microSD card slot, but you can choose big storage phone 64, 128GB, that’s enough storage for regular users.
- Battery life is very good, but in Wi-Fi 1.5 days of standby and 12 to 14 hours of continuous usage, but on mobile data it’s has low battery life up to 10 hours, but overall is nice battery life.
Rest detail review of mi 5 we cover in next post, where we will discuss about memory, processor, display, video, camera, battery, design, connectivity, Fingerprint sensor, navigation, sensor, multimedia and all scenario.
If you willing to buy Mi 5 you can order it directly from Gearbest