In activation tab of Windows 10 you will get option to get version info, activation, your current product key info, and change product key, all the setting you can choose from security and updates setting page in which you get more option to change Windows 10 PC settings, just choose, select and change accordingly. The windows was launch in 2015, that time company providing free and paid trial as well, in which users getting included activation key with auto updates.
But later then company giving you option to change key and previous key expire date, however; multiple ways to change key, it’s you can change using command line and from setting update page,
Steps to follow to change Windows 10 Activation Key
- First you need to open your Windows 10 device, device could be PC, laptop, Smartphone, Tablet.
- Now go to setting from start menu >>setting, now you will be on setting page of Windows 10 PC.
- Now there are multiple setting system, device, network & internet, personalization, accounts, time & language, ease of access, privacy, update & security.
- You have to choose last option which is update & security, and click on that.
- Now you are on Windows Update page in which you can view updates and it’s complete details. But there are more options available.
- From left hand side, there are options, Windows Update, Windows Defender, Backup, Recovery, Activation, and For Developer. You have to click on Activation to activate Windows key.
- There are most important options available Activate Window, Change Product Key, and product key info.
- To click on Change Product Key, and put new key to replace old key which you can get from Microsoft DVD box or through email.
The same thing you can do from CMD, At the administrator command prompt, type in “slmgr.vbs -ipk “in slmgr.vbs -ipk 00000-00000-00000-00000-00000, to activate windows after changing the key, run “slmgr.vbs -ato”, finally the graphical user interface provide way to change the product key.