On October 2015, Google has released its new version for Android operating system known as Marshmallow it comes with lots of new feature although it is not available for each device it will take some time to rollout Android Marshmallow in each device right now it is available only with Google Nexus devices.
In this article, we will see how we can delete an unwanted app from our Marshmallow device we delete these apps because they did not work in a way we think means apps which are unable to solve our problem in better way.
In the previous version of Android OS we have to open app tray or Setting section to delete an unwanted app from our device but in Marshmallow, it is simpler than previous one to delete an app from our device.
Before we proceed in this article we need to know that if the app is not installed in on your home screen this new method will not work and you have to delete that app directly from the app tray.
Here are the steps for deleting apps from an Android Marshmallow Smartphone.
- Tap on the app which you want to delete and long press on it now you see two options Remove and Uninstall on top of the screen.
- Now drag the app icon into Uninstall and release your finger when the app icon turns red.
- Now a dialog box will open click on Ok button to complete the process.
Now as I say earlier if the app is not installed in your home screen this method will not work for that we have to use app tray for deleting the app.
- Open the App tray in your Android device then long press on the app which you want to delete.
- Now it will give you two options on the screen App Info and Uninstall.
- Now drag the app icon into Uninstall and release the app when it turns red.
- Now a dialog box will appear click on the Ok button to delete the app from your device.
Although this method will work only for the apps which you have downloaded yourself but deleting a preinstalled apps is complicated although in Nexus 5X and 6P you can get rid of some pre-installed apps like Google Docs, Google+ and News and Weather using this method.All other preinstalled apps only show you app info but not give an option of deleting them like it gives for a normal app.
If your device supports Marshmallow then you can try this method on your Smartphone and Lets us Know about that