Google has released final preview of its Android M version which is known as Android Marshmallow 6.0 you can download and install it right now although the final release date of Android Marshmallow is still away but Google released its final preview of Android M version if you own a Nexus Smartphone or Tablet you can download and install it on your device.
Right now it is currently available for Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 9 Wi-Fi, Nexus 9 Cellular, Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi, Nexus 7 (2013) Cellular and Nexus Player.But before you proceed for this process we want to inform you that use a device which isn’t of your daily use because it may have some bugs that will be addressed by Google in final release.And also take a backup of your Android device.
Follow below steps to install Android M version on your device
How to Download and install Android Marshmallow 6.0 on you Nexus Device?
- First of all Download and install the latest version of Android Studio Preview on your Windows computer .It will install two tool on your windows machine known as Fastboot and ADB tools use command terminal in your machine to access them.
- Now you have to add the SDK folder to specify its path on your computer using below steps.
- In your Computer go to the My Computer and right click on it and go to Properties.
- Now click on Advanced system settings .
- Click on System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables.
- Now in open window select Path and click on Edit option and type the name of the folder where you installed the SDK and one important thing kept in mind that each entry in path is separated by semi-colon.
- Now Enable the USB debugging on your Device for that Go to Settings>About Phone>Software information and enable it by tapping the Build Number seven times.
- Now go to Settings>Developer options and check on USB debugging.
- Now download the Android Marshmallow correct factory images for your nexus device from the links listed below.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 5
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 6
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 7 2013 3G
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 9 Wi-Fi
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 9 LTE
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus Player
- Now extract the download image on your computer it will be a tar archive file extract the file to get all required file.
- Now connect your Android device to your computer using USB.
- Start your Android device in fastboot mode.The simple way to do this is to hold a key combination while powering up the device the full list of key combination for different-different device is listed here.
|shamu||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|fugu||Press and hold Power|
|volantis||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|hammerhead||Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|flo||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|deb||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|manta||Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|mako||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|grouper||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|tilapia||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|phantasm||Power the device, cover it with one hand after the LEDs light up and until they turn red|
|maguro||Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|toro||Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|toroplus||Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|panda||Press and hold Input, then press Power|
|wingray||Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power|
|crespo||Press and hold Volume Up, then press and hold Power|
|crespo4g||Press and hold Volume Up, then press and hold Power|
Another way of doing fastboot on your device is using ADB tool execute adb reboot bootloader command using command terminal on your computer with the device connected.
If you want to unlock you device using the command terminal then execute the fastboot oem unlock command.
After completing above task we will install the Android Marshmallow preview on Nexus Device follow below steps.
- Open command terminal in your computer and navigate to the Android Marshmallow factory image directory.
- Executeflash-all.bat command it will install the bootloader, baseband firmaware(s), and operating system for this to work you need to have added the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on the computer’s path as we described in Step2 above.
- When it will be done Google will advises to lock the bootloader for security reason.You can do this task by booting the device in fastboot mode while it is connected by USB and use the fastboot oem lock command using command terminal in your window machine.
Now Android Marshmallow preview is installed on your nexus device in case if you want to uninstall Android Marshmallow preview from your device then go back to previous version of Android and download the factory image as links are listed above and repeat the above steps and also delete the files from fastboot and ADB that were added earlier.
What you think about this new version of Android M series give your thoughts on it by comment section below.